We are so excited about the positive feedback rolling in about The Coloring Book Project. Because of your overwhelming support for the newest addition to the Memento library, we have decided to do something fun to celebrate. It’s our token of thanks to our awesome readers and patrons, and we hope that you will get involved for a chance at some great prizes.
It’s time to let your creativity soar and earn a chance at winning a tattoo-lovers dream. Crack out the crayons, markers, and artistic supplies to color up a masterpiece for The Coloring Book Project contest. The rules are simple, but the reward is huge!
Have you ever hoped to collect a beautiful piece from tattoo maestro Mike DeVries? Well now is your chance. All you need to do is purchase a copy of The Coloring Book Project, find your favorite page inside to whip up a wondrous creation, and then go to town coloring and beautifying that designated design into something imaginative and magnificent.
Enter your finished and colored page in the contest and you just might win the jackpot!
1st Place/Grand Prize:
Winner receives a free tattoo by Mike DeVries!
The tattoo must be a piece that can be completed in one day; approximately six hours of tattoo time.
The winner will receive a round-trip plane ticket to Los Angeles, California; and will also receive hotel accommodations for a two-night stay in southern California, near the MD Tattoo Studio in Northridge, California.
2nd Place/Runner Up:
The second place winner will receive copies of ALL of the Memento Publishing books, including:
- Animal Ink
- Cranial Visions
- Tattoo Prodigies
- With the Light of Truth
- and an additional copy of The Coloring Book Project
***If the winner is under the legal age to get tattooed (18 years old in the US)
They will receive a framed 16" x 20" original oil painting by Mike DeVries (details to be discussed with Mike DeVries as to the focus of the painting)
and a $500 gift card to their favorite local art store.
Here are the rules; be sure that you follow them so you are not disqualified:
- Get creative!
- Utilize crayons, colored pencils, markers, pens, graphite, etc., to color a page from The Coloring Book Project book.
- Each artist needs to upload a clear photograph or scan of the page they are submitting for the contest and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- When you email the photo or scan of the artwork please provide your name, age and contact info.
- Do NOT rip the page out of the book, please leave colored artwork intact inside The Coloring Book Project book (if your piece is chosen as a winner, you will be required to mail the actual book with the colored page to Mike DeVries so that it can be verified that it was not a photocopy - the book will be mailed back to you as soon as it is verified).
- No photocopies allowed: submissions must be inside an original Coloring Book Project book.
-Getting your artist buddy to try and win you a tattoo will not count. Prize is not transferable!
- It only takes one to win, but each artist is allowed to enter up to 10 colored pages to the contest.
- Bonus Points: Mike is giving an extra 5 points to anyone who colors his page of artwork, which can be found on page 164 of The Coloring Book Project.
- Submissions will be posted on The Coloring Book Project Facebook page, and/or the Memento Publishing Facebook page so don’t wait until the last minute to submit...send them as soon as you color them for exposure and accolades from your friends and fellow artisans.
- Submission deadline is January 1, 2013.
-Artwork will be judged and scored using a simple 1-100 point grading system (*high school flashbacks, anyone?).
-Judging will be done by Mike DeVries (with occasional input from a few of his artist friends if tie-breaker opinions are necessary). Mike will make the final call and announce the official winner.
-Winner will be announced on January 12, 2013.
**If your not familiar with Mikes work check out www.MDTattoos.com